Delegation is one of the most important management skills, yet few managers are really good at it, or take advantage of the benefits that effective delegation can bring.
Managers who are able to delegate effectively are key to the success of an organisation, saving time, developing and motivating staff and ensuring they are making the best use of their skills.
This course has been developed to provide learners with an increased understanding of the importance of effective delegation and outlines the key steps to take in order to ensure that they delegate effectively.
On completion of this Virtual College course learners will be able to:
• Explain why delegation is important
• Define what effective delegation is
• Apply the lessons of effective delegation
• Identify tasks suitable for delegation
• Identify employees who can complete tasks effectively
• Demonstrate the different levels of delegation
• Motivate your employees using effective delegation
• Apply effective feedback techniques
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Outcomes
- Exploring Delegation
- Identifying Work
- Matching Work to Employees
- Contracting for Performance
- Follow up and Feedback
The content of this Virtual College course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 hour. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This course is aimed at managers who may have responsibility for a team of people, or an individual, and therefore the requirement or desire to delegate work.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.